Sellers must be able to attract and deal effectively with buyers in today's real estate market in order to sell their homes now. Dealing with buyer's agents is a very important step in getting the property sold. Consider the following tips when listing your home for sale. Listing the property in the MLS, pricing the property right, paying a competitive real estate commission, offering a bonus to the buyer's agent, making the property easy to show, not talking to buyers directly are the 6 tips to sell your home now.
1. Listing in the MLS - Listing the property in the Multiple Listing Service is essential in order to generate the most exposure to sell your home. Chances are the listing agent will not sell the house. The buyer's agents are the ones who will bring all potential buyers to see the property. Buyer's agents get the list of properties available for sale from the MLS. If you are not listed on the MLS you are missing out on the whole real estate market selling process.
2. Right Price - Pricing the property right is essential. If the sales price is too high the buyer's agent will not show your home. The seller and the listing agent set the price. Don't overprice the listing price and assume the buyer will make an offer for less. In most cases the property won't be shown at all if the price is too high.
3. Competitive Commission - Don't discount the commission offered to the buyer's agent. The buyer's agent won't even show your listing if you are paying a lot less than the standard commission. The seller will generate a lot of activity if the commission is higher than the standard commission. Sellers must pay a real estate commission that is competitive.
4. Bonus to Buyer's Agent - Offer a bonus to the buyer's agent. Your house will be shown first on the list if you offer a bonus to the agent who sells it. This bonus is in addition to the already establish sales commission in the MLS. The bonus is an incentive to Realtors to show and sell your house to their customers.
5. Easy to Show - The property must be easy to show at anytime. Sellers must be open and flexible with the showing times of their property. Don't require a 24 to 72 hours window for showing appointments. The average Realtor will make the appointment with only 2 or 3 hour notice. If the property is not easy to show the agent will skip it and show the next one. Consider placing a lockbox on the door so that the buyer's agent can show the house at anytime.
6. Don't talk to buyers - Sellers should not talk to the buyers directly. Also do not give buyers your business card or other contact information. If possible the seller should not be home at all when the property is being shown. The buyers will feel more comfortable and preview the property more at ease when the sellers are not there. The potential buyers won't feel like they are intruding and came at the wrong time if the seller is not home.
Selling your home in today's market is a continuing challenge. Don't try to do it yourself. Sellers must deal with buyer's agents in order to get their homes sold now. Do not underestimate the buyer agent's role in selling real estate. Buyer's agents play a crucial role in the real estate sales process.
There are currently no comments on this post. Be the first one!