Product Description & Reviews
Having a butterfly house in your yard or garden is a great way to give these colorful joys of nature a safe place to stay when the weather gets bad, but you have to know where to place them or your butterfly houses could remain empty nests. Here are some suggestions about where to hang your butterfly house: Hang the House Well above the Ground Install your butterfly house on a sturdy tree limb or hanging from a slim pole 4 to 6 feet above the ground. Hang the Butterfly House Near Flowers Hang your butterfly house in close proximity to the butterfly's favorite food: flower nectar. Place the butterfly house over your garden, which needs such flowers as asters, black-eyed susans, coneflowers, zinnias and hollyhocks. Hang the House in Sunlight If you hang the house in an area of bright sunlight, its walls and slotted panels will provide adequate shade for the butterflies when they fly in for a rest. The butterflies will also find the house more attractive if it is richly colored, in blues, yellows and pinks. Make the Butterfly House Welcoming Place a cheesecloth bag of crushed, dried leaves from birch, willow and nettle on the floor inside the house. The scent of these leaves is attractive to butterflies. Stand up some pieces of bark inside the house so the butterflies think they are resting on a tree trunk.
Features & Highlights
- Creating a habitat for butterflies is a great way to help their conservation.
- Provides Butterflies with a place to shelter, slots are ideal to protect them from preditors and weather.
- Roof covered with galvanized iron is benefit to against the rainy days.
- Create a colorful and relaxing space in your garden to attract these beautiful 'elves'.
- Enjoy watching these beautiful creatures as they flutter through your garden in search of sweet nectar.
|Package Weight:||2.45 pounds|
|Package Size:||5.7 x 5.7 x 5.7 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
By Gardener's Supply Company
mpn: 8593293**, ean: 0672144932938,