Houseables Bat House Kit, Box Shelter, 1” Thick, Wooden, Fir Wood, Small, Nesting Chamber, Outdoor Mounting, on Trees, Homes, Poles, Houses 12 Bats, Bathouses Attractant, Control Pests Naturally
Free Shipping Included! Houseables Bat House Kit, Box Shelter, 1” Thick, Wooden, Fir Wood, Small, Nesting Chamber, Outdoor Mounting, on Trees, Homes, Poles, Houses 12 Bats, Bathouses Attractant, Control Pests Naturally by Houseables at List It Fort Worth. MPN: BAHO. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Bats are one of the most grossly misjudged living creatures on Earth. Despite being a relative to human beings and offering immense benefits, too many people see bats as nothing more than a terrifying rabid, blood-sucking flying mouse monster. Untrue! Facts are, out of the 30,000 annual deaths worldwide from rabies, 99% are from contact with dogs. There are species of bats found in every continent except Antarctica. Commonly found in caverns, hollow trees, under loose tree bark, and man-made
Product Description & Reviews
Bats are one of the most grossly misjudged living creatures on Earth. Despite being a relative to human beings and offering immense benefits, too many people see bats as nothing more than a terrifying rabid, blood-sucking flying mouse monster. Untrue! Facts are, out of the 30,000 annual deaths worldwide from rabies, 99% are from contact with dogs. There are species of bats found in every continent except Antarctica. Commonly found in caverns, hollow trees, under loose tree bark, and man-made structures like barns, bridges, older buildings, mines, and wells. But what can we do to help? A great way to start is by providing bats with a safe sanctuary to roost and nurse their little pups, while avoiding predators, fungi, and other dangers. It is very simple, really. Each Houseables bat house shelter is premade from rough, unfinished fir wood. It comes pre-drilled for simple mounting. Measuring 16" x 4 ¼" x 12", this bat house is sizeable enough to fit up to 20 bats at a time. The quality fir wood construction will sustain itself through harsh weather environments, long-term bat residency, and invasion from squirrels and woodpeckers. Follow all instructions and regulations when installing your bat house The best location to mount your bat house is 10-15 feet high underneath the eaves of an old building or a barn gable. Make sure you select a spot that has plenty of direct sunshine and a nearby water source (which is crucial, as the mother bat will not have to leave her young unattended for too long). Poles and old or dying trees are satisfactory mounting spots but be mindful that bats are less attracted to shelters mounted on trees. Reasons for this are: it's too easy for predators to get at the bats as they exit, the branches cause obstructions to exiting bats which drop down then up into flight, and it's too shady from the branches above.
Features & Highlights
- YOUR VERY OWN BAT SANCTUARY: With a dimension of 16" x 4 ¼" x 12", an interior surface and landing platform constructed from rough fir wood, and grooved for better clinging while bats land and roost. The high quality fir wood can sustain long-term bat occupancy as well as harsh weather elements without warping, cracking, or prematurely aging.
- CHOOSE YOUR LOCATION CAREFULLY: Included with each house are zinc plated deck screws and predrilled holes for easy mounting. Mount the bat house 10-15 feet high (high enough to keep predators away) underneath the eaves of a barn, old building, pole, or a dying tree. You will want to choose a location that offers plenty of direct sunlight and a nearby water source. A single chamber will effectively contain up to 20 bats when properly mounted.
- BATS PREFER DARKER COLORS: This bat sanctuary is unpainted. Painting or staining your house black or a dark shade of brown with a nontoxic, water-based outdoor paint is recommended, based on your geographical location. Doing so will increase the temperature inside the house, making it more desirable to bats for occupancy.
- CUT THE WAIT TIME: Ways to encourage bats to move into your bat house include spraying the house with bat attractant oil, filling the bottom of the box with damp soil for a few days before mounting, or by sprinkling small amounts of bat droppings from a nearby colony onto the base. All of these methods may help eliminate human scent that sometimes prevents colonization. Be advised that it can take up to a year for bats to colonize.
- 90-Day 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: We offer a No Hassle 90-Day 100% Money Back Guarantee. If, within the first three months, you are not completely satisfied with your purchase for any reason, just let us know and we will refund you all your money.
|Package Weight:||3.7 pounds|
|Package Size:||12.2 x 4.72 x 4.72 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
Related Best Sellers
By Donaldson Farms
mpn: 43237-2, ean: 0702563676967,
mpn: 43237-2, ean: 5055983165081,
mpn: 24228, ean: 7123290559546,
By Uncle Dunkels
mpn: 4336499791, ean: 0731882236019,
By Blue Moon Bell
mpn: 4316374279, ean: 0863946000301,
mpn: hcp-bat05-us-fba-101, ean: 5055983194791,
By Songbird Essentials
mpn: 054048bc, ean: 0742488647901,