There’s something majestic about this authentic brass gong. Reminiscent of China’s Han Dynasty, it seems to summon courage and honor. The sweeping lines evoke the ancient art of calligraphy. Today, we’re familiar with the aesthetic gifts from the East, thanks to the ancient trading network known as the “Silk Road.” It served not only as a pathway for precious goods such as silk, jade and spices, but also for new ideas, technology, art and music. The lure of a long journey filled with romance and adventure remains. Handcrafted in the city of Wuhan, using centuries old traditional methods, Woodstock Gongs bring the ancient sounds of the Far East to your home.Over 30 years ago, Grammy award-winning musician and instrument designer Garry Kvistad created the first Woodstock Chime from an aluminum lawn chair he found in a landfill. Fascinated by the Scale of Olympos, a 7th century pentatonic scale that can’t be played on a modern piano, Garry cut and tuned the lawn chair tubes to the exact frequency of the ancient scale. The resulting Chimes of Olympos was the first Woodstock Chime and is still one of our best selling, musically-tuned windchimes. Garry and his wife Diane founded Woodstock Chimes in 1979 and still develop the chimes today. It remains a family-owned business in New York’s Hudson Valley.
Features & Highlights
- Woodstock Gongs are hand-hammered by a master gong maker and materials that have gone into crafting gongs for thousands of years, so each one delivers a rich, authentic sound
- Black finish ash wood, brass gong
- Length: 50 in. Overall Length 13 in. Diameter Gong, Overall length is measured from top of gong to bottom of wind catcher
- Perfect in a classroom, as a gift or in your daily meditation practice
- Over 30 years ago, Grammy award-winning musician and instrument designer Garry Kvistad created the first Woodstock Chime from an aluminum lawn chair he found in a landfill; Garry and his wife Diane founded Woodstock Chimes in 1979 and still develop the chimes today
|Brand:||Woodstock Wind Chimes|
|Item Weight:||0.0476 pounds|
|Item Size:||14.8 x 2.6 x 2.6 inches|
|Package Weight:||1.98 pounds|
|Package Size:||10.08 x 2.6 x 2.6 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Woodstock Wind Chimes, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
By Corinthian Bells
mpn: T516MB, ean: 0606115515042,
Our most popular midsize chime, the 50" T516 is a proven favorite of many windchime enthusiasts. Its tones closely match the singing range of most people.Tuned to the scale of A.. Overall length of chime is 50".. Length of longest tube is 27 3/4".. M...
mpn: WWAS, ean: 0028375043316,
One of the largest windchimes made by Woodstock Chimes, the Chimes of Apollo make a striking statement in a garden or veranda. These Chimes are the product of the very finest artistry and craftsmanship, allowing you to experience a whole new dimensio...